Thursday, August 27, 2009

Swine flu tips: how to do

When having dinner with my family recently, I told my sons, they may not wish to order pulled pork. My reason was that I already was planning to serve it for dinner the next night, but my eldest son misunderstood me. He gave me a disparaging look and said, 'Mom, you know that we can get swine flu by eating pork, huh? "

Although I am disappointed that he had a low opinion of my argument, I am glad that my son has at least some knowledge of this health scare. But the conversation has me realize that more knowledge to try to suffer, H1N1, and swine flu prevention should have.

Since the spring of this year, the H1N1 virus spread, with the apparently originating in Mexico. It has since done his way literally the whole world is contained in over 70 countries. The extent of this distribution, rather than the severity of the disease has caused the World Health Organization to declare it a pandemic.

Panic and confusion are the enemies of a reasoned response to this pandemic. Instead, disease prevention and preparation helps us to feel as safe as possible under the circumstances.

As in sport, the best attack is a good defense. So staying healthy is easier than dealing with illness. Children should be taught, and everyone should follow some basic rules of prevention:

• Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, preferably with a tissue or curvature of your arm, not your hands. (Can Small children should learn to "Dracula sneezing," to use one arm up over his face, like the famous count in his cape).
• Wash your hands often. Use soap or hand sanitizers.
• Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
• Avoid close contact with those who are sick, or if you become ill, try to avoid close contact with others. In other words, stay home from work or school.

In addition, the same rules as are generally good health. Healthy bodies and immune systems are less susceptible to viruses. Thus, regular exercise and a balanced diet, many fruits, vegetables and whole grain products is essential.

Follow these basic guidelines and you can hopefully avoid at all to do with H1N1. Ordering pulled pork should be no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment